Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Real Garden!

I have wanted a "real" garden forever. I have played at it many times and never came up with much but the occasional tomato or radish, which I hate. So after all the daily inspiration from my Chickens In The Road friends and their beautiful gardens, I just had to give it a real try. Not to mention, it was grow food or starve.
I made my plans, begged, borrowed and stole till I got the lumber I wanted and had John construct my boxes. Of course I drew the plans differently that the outcome I received. But they will grow a bountiful harvest none the less. Or at least some beautiful weeds in some really nice and expensive raised beds.
And a short few weeks later...A "real" garden! I am so proud I just don't know what to say.
I have zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, brussel sprouts (for Gina), turnips (for Gina), egg plants, bell peppers, jalapenos, tabasco peppers, parsley, cinnamon basil, marigolds and giant sunflowers for the chickens.
And here's my first squash.
I just don't know what to say about that. I have heard of the two headed fish that come out of the lake near the Alcoa plant. I'm thinking maybe I should call Erin Brockosomething.
What the hell???

No comments: